“A healthy mind and a healthy body go hand in hand.” Sports encompass more than just the benefit of physical activity; it increases the self-esteem and mental alertness of every participant, whatever be the sport one involves in.
Widest possible range of sports activities in the school includes, throw ball, volley ball, table tennis and athletics. Shalini Convent School lays great emphasis on sports activities for the complete development of the students’ personality.
- Chess- To improve the mental power and concentration, every student is motivated to play chess, “A game of skill”.
- Carom- During common room time, students enjoy the game.
- Hand-ball – Students are given special coaching in throw-ball.
- KHO-KHO – Students are interested also in playing Kho-Kho. They are given special training.
- Hockey –Students are trained to play Hockey by well-trained coach.
Students are also taught Drill, Aerobics and Athletics. The Carmel School Annual Sports Day is a day of exhilaration for all gathered. The core message being fair play and friendship and the true spirit of sportsmanship is upheld. As Ruskin Bond said, “The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what he/she gets for it; but what he/she becomes by it”.